Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Happy Bird-day!


   Today is Wednesday and Wednesdays = Stampotique originals Designers Challenge day.

Kaz is our hostess this week and this is her challenge to you:

Napoleon once said that the English are a nation of shopkeepers.What he should have said is that we are a nation of animal lovers. Nearly everyone I know has got a cat or dog, a pet rabbit or bird, and I know that my Stampotique teamies have their pets too. So this week we're celebrating the fur and feathers and I challenge you to create something with either animals or birds. So put your best paw forward and bring it on.

Have fun!
 
I have been roaming pinterest, probably more than I should be, and I came across this adorable card by Darlene Devries and I have just been waiting for an opportunity to give it a try.  It is been a long time since I have made anything but a typical card, so this was fun and a nice change.  Hope you like it, and I hope you will join us at Stampotique for this weeks challenge.  Have a great day and thank you for stopping by.

Supplies:

Birdy up stamp

7 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Great fun card, Kristen! Happy Head Appliance is the perfect stamp for adding a festive air to Birdy Up! Great background! Wow!

Claudine said...

What a fun and bright, cheery card. I love the "see through" parts. Very cool

massofhair said...

Loving all the cut out detail of your card, i can see why you wanted to make this it is adorable. Your owls look better than the original but then i am biased towards Stampotique images :-) xxx

Kaz said...

So cute and colourful Kristen xx

Traceyr said...

Love the cut out branch on this card very imaginative. :)

Anonymous said...

This one really made me smile! Love it and those colours are fab

Sue said...

Love it Kristen, bright happy colours xx